top of page

References: 2019 Judicial Council of California and 2014 U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services


Special Immigrant Juvenile Status 

Are you, or someone you know, an undocumented child under the age of 21?

Have you, or someone you know, been living in the U.S. for at least 6 months?

Have you, or someone you know, been separated from or hurt by one or both of your parents?

If so, we may be able to help you or the child apply for a green card, or lawful permanent residence, as you or the child may qualify for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS).

What is SIJS?

SIJS is an immigration classification that may allow for lawful permanent resident status ("LPR" status or a "Green Card").
Certain children who cannot be reunified with one or both parents because of abuse, abandonment or neglect, and for whom it would not be in their best interests to return to their country of origin, may be eligible for SIJS status. Without a Green Card, these children may not be able to work legally, attend college or qualify for most state and federal benefits. Some of these children, especially if they entered the United States at a young age, may not even know that they do not have legal immigration status

In some cases, California courts are not allowed to make the orders you need after you turn 18. If you or the child are 17 years old or older, or you would like to see if you or the child is eligible, please contact us as soon as possible!  

Phone: (626) 281-6668
Toll-free Phone: (888) 861-6668
Fax: (626) 281-3283

bottom of page